The faculty started its functions with four departments (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) in 2011. Currently, the faculty has eight departments (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Sport Science and Statics). The faculty has conducting its teaching learning process in regular undergraduate degree program in all departments and summer undergraduates degree in five programs and Masters degree in summer program in Mathematical Modeling. The faculty has more than 600 students in regular programs and more than 2800 students in summer programs. The faculty is currently in full preparation to open a postgraduate degree program in Biology (Botanical Science and Applied Microbiology Specializations), Biotechnology (General Biotechnology), Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry), Mathematics (Algebra) for the next academic year(2013E.C) in all Regular, extension and Summer program.
The Principal duty of the faculty is to Support, coordinate and control the teaching learning process, research and Community service which are conducted by the departments under it.
Mission, Vision and Values of the Faculty
- Provide quality education through regular, extension and Summer program so as to produce competent professionals who can support the development Endeavour of the country
- Undertake researches that help to solve the social-economic problems of the country and that can also add new values and knowledge to the society;
- Render various communities problem based services to fulfill social responsibilities expected of it as an academic institution.
The Faculty envisions being an outstanding faculty by providing quality education in Science and Technology streams, research and community development services among the top ten Universities in Africa by 2020E.C.
– Quality service – Responsibility
– Customer oriented Service – Participatory
– Team Work -Collaboration
– Accountability -Transparency
– Academic Freedom – Good Ethics
Dean, Faculty of Natural and Computational Science
Office email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +251335400655, Mob: +251912772339
Office Location: AD2, G+2, Room:02
P.O.Box: 400, Woldia, Amhara, Ethiopia