Woldia University by virtue of the power vested in it by the counsel of ministry is set to serve the following key purposes; teaching-learning, research and community services which support the development aspiration of the nation. Hence, as one faculty of the university the three pillars/missions have been delivered since 2004 E.C onwards. i. e, we play a great role in the teaching-learning process of both in undergraduate and post graduate programs, conducting educational and behavioral researches and delivering a community service in all programs of the faculty.
Mission: the faculty of education and behavioral sciences is dedicated to producing competent graduates undertaking disinterested research and community services that meet the development aspiration of local, regional and national stakeholders; .
Vision: Becoming the top ten colleges/faculties among similar institutions in education and behavioral sciences training, research and community services in Ethiopia by 2030.
Student first: the faculty values their students and hence student affairs are our top concerns.
Strive for quality: the faculty strives to satisfy stakeholders’ needs by offering state-of-art service
Respect for diversity: the faculty is dedicated to respecting the diversity of culture, ethnicity, religion, language and gender.
Team work: the faculty values boldly cooperativeness and team work which will boost our efficiency and product.
Excellence: The faculty strives to ensure excellences in all the services.
Services under our faculty
Currently, the faculty hosts five undergraduate programs, three post-graduate programs, and different Continuous Professional Development works too.
- The undergraduate programs are:
- School and Counseling Psychology
- Pedagogical Science with Geography Composite
- Special Needs and Inclusive Education
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Adult Education and Community Development
- Post-graduate programs
- MA in Counseling Psychology
- MA in Educational Psychology
- MA in Educational Planning and Management
- Continuous professional Development programs
- Higher Diploma Program/HDP
- Post Graduate Diploma Training/PGDT
- English Language Improvement Center/ELIC
- Induction trainings
Office location: ADB2, G+1, Room 15, Main Campus, Woldia University
P.O.Box: 400, Woldia, Amhara, Ethiopia