The Mission of Woldia university is to produce skilled and competent man power through provision of quality education , Conducting result oriented research and offering Problem solving community services.
Woldia university aspires to be one of the top 10 African universities by 2020.
As federal public university and based on the higher education proclamation No 650/2009, Woldia university has the following powers and duties :- Develop program of study and provide higher education .
- Produce skilled man power in quantity and quality on the basis of the needs of the country.
- Under take research and disseminate the findings as may be necessary.
- Provide appropriate services to the society.
- Establish cooperative relations with different bodies including higher education institutions.
- Award different academic diploma including degrees, permitted to a given level.
- Give recognition or award prizes to the persons of outstanding achievements or constructive contributions.
- Provide support for primary and secondary education institutions.
- Encourage the under taking of research in the priority areas.
- Administer its human resources.
- Manage its financial resources subject the approval by the appropriate body.
- Generate internal revenue through provision of goods and services.
- Publish academic journals and newsletters.
- Organize and conduct seminars, workshops and symposium.
- Establish its own income generating enterprises.